Neopost came to Conversation Space with a specific need to enhance communication within one of their senior teams.
In particular, they were looking to build their understanding of each other in terms of their communication preferences, how they make decisions, and influence. They also wanted to deepen the collective emotional intelligence and conversational wisdom of team members so that relationships were strengthened and the right conversations were taking place.
The learning intervention we created comprised:
- Stakeholder interviews to identify business challenges and programme outcomes
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality inventory with all team members
- Two x one day skills workshops
The headline content included:
- Why conversations are critical to individual and organisational success
- Emotional intelligence and team performance
- Fostering an environment of inclusion where everyone shares insights and is heard
- How to collaborate cross-functionally
- Generating skilful feedback within teams
- How to have conversations that tackle tough challenges whilst enriching relationships
- Sustaining momentum and moving from ‘doing’ to ‘being’
During the time the programme was delivered, Neopost were going through a considerable amount of change as a business.
Participating in the programme enabled the team to devote time to the importance of reflecting on their collective strengths and growing their capability to connect and talk together in a different way. In a way that is more inquisitive, open minded, willing to challenge, and inclusive.