Why do it
Although we call our programme ‘Reverse’, it is in practice ‘Reciprocal’ – recognising that both people in any matched pair are responsible for doing the work, sharing their stories and experiences, learning and taking action as a result.
Reverse mentoring is a powerful business development programme. We tailor it to increase connectivity between people of differing levels, generations, experience, race, gender, geography, to drive engagement, skills, and knowledge transfer within and across disciplines.
Reverse mentoring is grounded in the methodology and practice of Conversational Wisdom®. It encourages participants to think differently and break down the barriers of traditional business conversations in an objective way.
Our reverse mentoring programmes bring about cultural change. Ultimately, through reverse mentoring, we can help you build a stronger, more cohesive, and noticeably more effective organisation.
What you will learn
Our programmes enable people who may not otherwise normally work with each other, to connect on a one-to-one basis. This creates a strategic capability for you to expose key populations to specific learning opportunities, to build multi-level engagement, and to harness and disseminate talents.
Reverse mentoring is a powerful cultural development programme that:
- increases connectivity between people of differing levels, generations, experience, race, gender, geography…
- drives better engagement, skills and knowledge transfer within and across disciplines
- brings about cultural change
Wondering what the buzz is around Reverse Mentoring? Find out more and listen to this 2-minute video where Emily talks about the learning opportunity reverse mentoring provides for more senior people and the power of breaking down assumptions and barriers.
Nuts and bolts
A multi Award-Winning 9 month programme, delivered virtually or face-to-face, comprising:
- Thought Generation Session
- Individual matching calls and support
- Business and line manager engagement
- Conversational Wisdom® mentor/mentee skills launch day
- Virtual booster reflection calls
- Supported first conversations
- Reflection and idea generation session
- Celebration event
- Participant toolkit
“The programme has really reinforced to me the importance of team spirit and ‘tone at the top’. I am trying to focus on providing clear and honest communication and leadership during challenging times.”
In a recent Reverse Mentoring programme over 85% of participants said they had made personal changes as a result of the reverse mentoring and 100% of participants reported the programme matched or exceeded their expectations.
Examples of learning outcomes included:
- creating a culture which embraces dialogue and feedback
- increased awareness of the development and issues of junior team members
- increased confidence speaking up and challenging those who are more senior
To find out more: