Nuts and bolts
- This practical and highly interactive 2-hour workshop can be delivered f2f or virtually using a platform of your choice.
- We use a blend of input and creative activities to give participants the opportunity to rehearse the skills to hold more inclusive, courageous conversations.
- Supported by our e-manual and further created resources.
- We recommend a maximum of 8 participants per workshop to enable high levels of psychological safety, confidentiality and to allow participants to experience and practice their conversations.
Why do it
Creating workplaces where everyone’s voices are heard, where people feel they belong, and that are inclusive for all, often means having conversations that aren’t easy.
Those ones that make us feel uncomfortable. The ones where we are fearful of doing it ‘wrong’, looking like we don’t know, being judged, or misunderstood. The ones we would sometimes rather avoid than lean into.
This workshop will support you to grow the capability to hold these conversations with skill and ease. To get underneath some of the challenges you face. And to enable you to create an environment around you that is more inclusive, collaborative, and human.
What you will learn
On this challenging and interactive workshop, you will:
- Explore what inclusive conversations look like and the role they play in transforming culture
- Learn how to create a conversational environment in which people feel safe and able to speak boldly
- Delve into the impact of emotions
- Take away techniques and approaches to help build conversational curiosity and courage
- Practice. Practice. Practice.
During this virtual workshop we will not be:
- Sitting in front of masses of slides
- Turning off our cameras and multi-tasking
- Using lots of acronyms
- Swallowing our words
Who it’s for
Inclusive Conversations is perfect for anyone who cares about their people, knows some of the conversations they need to have aren’t easy, and wants to create a more inclusive workplace.