This morning I attended a brilliant talk from the Award-Winning Entrepreneur and Founder of The Black Farmer, Wilfred Emmanuel Jones. I didn’t know what to expect but was blown away by his honesty, passion and humour in telling his story of overcoming adversity to grow a business.
I could relate whole heartedly to many of his insights and Wilfred’s sheer ambition is an inspiration I think we can all learn from.
Here are my key take-aways.
- Have a dream. Find your passion. And be ruthlessly focused.
- Find your guardian angel who will support you on your way. Keep doing what you’re doing, and they will come to you.
- Be aware of fear. Fear holds people back.
- It’s not what you do that people buy, it’s why you do it.
- Authenticity and vulnerability are key. You can’t make courageous choices unless you’re prepared to be vulnerable and we are conditioned as humans to hide our vulnerabilities.
- Everyone is looking for certainty. The one thing that’s certain is that life is uncertain.
So, thank you Wilfred for injecting bucket loads of energy and wisdom into my Tuesday morning. For saying it how it is. For not conforming to how things ‘should’ be. And for never giving up!
Here’s a link to the book if you’d like to find out more.